Open for Public Worship … what to expect during Covid 19
As of December 20, we will be pausing our in person worship following the protocols of the province and the Anglican Diocese of Toronto.
We look forward to when we can return to our in person worship on Sundays. We will wait for confirmation regarding when this can happen safely.
When we do return to in person worship …
We are offering two opportunities each week for in person worship at St. Pauls … Sunday at 10 am and Wednesday Communion at 10 am. Following the protocols of the Anglican Diocese of Toronto, those attending will be safe and appropriately physically distanced.
The Sunday service will be live streamed on our You Tube channel for those who do not feel comfortable gathering in person. The video will be posted as well if Sunday at 10 am is not a convenient time for you to enter the liturgy. A link will be posted here and will be sent out weekly by email.
At this time, communion will not be offered as part of the Sunday morning worship. We are planning to re-introduce communion on Thanksgiving Sunday, Oct 11. There will be a celebration of Communion on Wednesdays at 10 am.
What to expect when I come to church on Sunday’s …
- please ensure you are healthy with no symptoms of Covid 19 and that you haven’t been in contact with anyone who has symptoms or has tested positive for Covid 19 or is in quarantine
- please self-screen by asking yourself the following questions … do you have a new cough, runny nose, or any new respiratory issues; do you have a fever; do you have any nausea, gastro issues, diarrhea; have you traveled outside Canada in the last 14 days; have you had contact with anyone who has been told to self-isolate in the last 14 days; have you been told to self-isolate in the last 14 days … If you answer yes to any of these questions please stay home and consider getting tested.
- everyone attending worship is expected to wear a mask
- please arrive early for the service to allow an easy flow into the church
- there will be markers on the sidewalk leading to the church to ensure appropriate physical distancing as people arrive
- please use the main front doors to access the church … those who use the right front door will be sitting on the right side of the church and those who use the left front door will sit on the left side of the church … the entrance on the south side of the church will be reserved for those requiring the elevator
- a record will be kept of those who attend worship at the church for tracking purposes in case we should need to make contact
- there will be hand sanitizer available at each entrance
- please take your coats or umbrellas with you to your seat … no coats are to be hung at the back of the church
- you will be ushered to where you will sit in the church … beginning with pews at the front, working to the back … please sit where you are assigned, appropriately and safely distanced from those around you
- there will be no hymn or prayer books in the pew … everything for the liturgy will be projected at the front
- children will stay in church with their families and are encouraged to bring soft toys or books for during the service
- there will be a few printed service leaflets for those who find it difficult to see the projection … please take these home with you if you use them
- there will be no congregational singing … music will be instrumental and soloists
- you will be encouraged to remain seated throughout the worship service
- the priest, readers, intercessor, musicians and soloists will be wearing masks
- there will be no congregational responses to the prayers
- offering plates will not be passed from person-to-person … parishioners may deposit their offering into plates which will be prominently placed near the entrance/exit … offerings will be counted and deposited every two weeks
- we discourage using cash in your envelopes preferring a check and encourage other options such as PAR, Canada Helps or E-transfers
- instructions will be given about leaving the church at the end of the worship service exiting from the back to the front using the same door you entered
- the washroom on the main level will be available for use with instructions for sanitizing after each use
- the church will be fully cleaned and sanitized after each service
What to expect when I come to church for Wednesday Communion …
- All of the above instructions are to be followed except we will use only the front doors on the right with instructions to sit on the right side of the church safely and appropriately distanced
- Communion will be administered at the end of the liturgy as you leave the building