September 16 Announcements
Readings for Next Sunday
++ Proverbs 31:10-31
++ Psalm 1
++ James 3:13-4:3, 7-8a
++ Mark 9:30-37
This week at St. Paul’s …
- Mon Sept 17 … 1:00 pm Coffee & Chat at Tin Cup
- Wed Sept 19 … 7:00 pm Advisory Board
- Thurs Sept 20 … 10:00 am Communion Service
- Thurs Sept 20 … 10:45 am Bible Study
- Thurs Sept 20 … noon Lunch and Learn, “Preventing Falls”
- Thurs Sept 20 … 7:30 pm TAB
- Sun Sept 23 … 8:30 & 10:30 am Communion Services
- Sun Sept 23 … 1:30 pm Worship at Douglas Crossing
Upcoming at St. Paul’s …
- Mon Sept 24 … 7:00 pm “holy spirits” at Wixan’s
- Tues Sept 25 … 11:30 am ACW
- Thurs Sept 27 … 10:00 am Communion Service
- Thurs Sept 27 … 10:45 am Bible Study
- Thurs Sept 27 … noon Organ concert
- Sun Sept 30 … Orange Shirt Day
Orange Shirt Day, Sunday Sept 30th …
- Orange shirts can be purchased at the library for $15
- 10:30 am Community Worship service at St. Andrew’s-Chalmers
- Please note: your offering envelope given at this service will be re-directed to St. Paul’s.
- Walk from Centennial Park to Elgin Park
- 2:00 to 4:00 pm Ashunyung singers & dancers, other entertainment & children’s program
- 6:00 pm Dinner at St. Paul’s Anglican … cost $25 with tickets available at the library
- 7:30 pm Presentation by Matthew Stevens & the Hon. Jane Philpott, Federal Minister of Indigenous Services
Invitation to Singers, Instrumentalists …
If you love to sing or play an instrument, you are invited to come and be part of the music ministry at St Paul’s! We have an exciting season planned with a variety of opportunities to participate. If you are interested, speak to our Music Director, Dora, after the morning service to discuss details.
Pastoral Care …
If you or your loved one are in the hospital, please let the office know so we can visit you and offer prayers with you.
If you or anyone you know would like to receive communion at home because of being unable to attend services, please let the office or Mark know and a home visit will be arranged.
If you would like to be added to the Sunday prayer list or to be prayed for through our prayer chain, please let either the office or Mark know. As well, if you know of anyone beyond our parish family in need of prayer, we are happy to pray for them as well.
Lost and Found …
We have a lost and found box in the bell tower. Please have a look and see if you have left anything behind.
When parking in front of the church, please be sure your vehicle is within the white lines indicating a parking spot. If you are able, please consider using the back parking lot off Poplar Street, so as to allow those who cannot manage stairs to park closer.