September 9 Announcements
Mark will be away from this afternoon to Wednesday September 12 attending the area clergy conference in Niagara Falls. He will be checking emails if you need to contact him.
Readings for next Sunday …
++ Proverbs 1:20-33
++ Psalm 19
++ James 3:1-12
++ Mark 7:24-37
This week at St. Paul’s …
- Thurs Sept 13 … 10:00 am Communion Service
- Thurs Sept 13 … 10:45 am Bible Study
- Sat Sept 15 … 2:00 pm Gay/Straight Alliance
- Sun Sept 16 … 8:30 & 10:30 am Communion Services
Upcoming at St. Paul’s …
- Thurs Sept 20 & 27 … 10:00 am Communion Service followed by bible study at 10:45
- Mon Sept 17 … 1:00 pm Coffee & Chat at Tin Cup
- Wed Sept 19 … 7:00 pm Advisory Board
- Thurs Sept 20 … noon Lunch and Learn, “Preventing Falls”
- Thurs Sept 20 … 7:00 pm TAB
- Sun Sept 23 … 1:30 pm Worship at Douglas Crossing
- Mon Sept 24 … 7:00 pm “holy spirits” at Wixan’s
- Thurs Sept 27 … noon Organ concert
- Sun Sept 30 … Orange Shirt Day
Note from your wardens …
Now the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer are slowly coming to an end, it’s a good time to chime in on the finance facts at St. Paul’s. First off, as of the end of August we are $12,000 down in our envelope offerings. This is something we expect during the summer months however the shortfall in funds are desperately needed for daily operation of the church.
We have a number of folks who have signed up for PAR; there are 33 on PAR and 40 who use weekly envelopes. If you are on PAR, whether you were here every Sunday or not, your offerings are up to date. If you are using offering envelopes, and were away due to trips to the cottage or other vacation, please review your offerings and catch up if you are able to do so.
Our financial report to the end of August shows that there have been no unexpected expenditures; it was business as usual.
As always, we thank you for the various ways you each contribute to our life here at St. Paul’s. We appreciate it!!
Orange Shirt Day, Sunday Sept 30th …
- Orange shirts can be purchased at the library for $15
- 10:30 am Community Worship service at St. Andrew’s
- Walk from Centennial Park to Elgin Park
- 2:00 to 4:00 pm Ashunyung singers & dancers, other entertainment & children’s program
- 6:00 pm Dinner at St. Paul’s Anglican … cost $25 with tickets available at the library
- 7:30 pm Presentation by Matthew Stevens & the Hon. Jane Philpott, Federal Minister of Indigenous Services
Invitation to Singers, Instrumentalists …
If you love to sing or play an instrument, you are invited to come and be part of the music ministry at St Paul’s! We have an exciting season planned with a variety of opportunities to participate. If you are interested, speak to our Music Director, Dora, after the morning service to discuss details.
Pastoral Care …
If you or your loved one are in the hospital, please let the office know so we can visit you and offer prayers with you.
If you or anyone you know would like to receive communion at home because of being unable to attend services, please let the office or Mark know and a home visit will be arranged.
If you would like to be added to the Sunday prayer list or to be prayed for through our prayer chain, please let either the office or Mark know. As well, if you know of anyone beyond our parish family in need of prayer, we are happy to pray for them as well.